The latest Ubuntu 8.04 just shipped with Firefox 3 beta. It has disabled many of my beloved plugins. Completely by accident I ran across a workaround for broken firebug and thought this was a workable solution. Other than the time involved in modifying all my plugins and reinstalling them in all of my firefox profiles.

Then when viewing the download page for a favorite plugin I learned that I could just enter

about.config

into my address bar and

change app.update.incompatible.mode = 1

instead add new entry

extensions.checkCompatibility

set it to

false

Technorati Tags: firefox 3 broken extension plugins